For players, Online Casino Dollars have set out guidelines to help you to keep your gambling under control.
There are 7 gambling rules which respresent good practice for players to follow:
- Always play only at licenced Casinos
- Always set budget limits
- Make sure you opt-out of any promotional materials such as email, SMS and letters
- Always protect your children from gambling sites and materials
- If you feel like you are starting to lose control use ‘Cool Off’, ‘Time Out’ or ‘Self-exclude’
- Avoid mobile casino apps if you are prone to or have a history of addiction
- Contact one of the many anonymous organisations that can help you with gambling addiction even if you feel you just need to chat with someone or discuss how you feel
Be aware that all licenced and compliant casinos offer you the ability to take time our using cool offs or self exclusions periods. This can be for any length of period from 24h to six weeks. Once activated the cool off period will disable your access for the chosen time. If you think you need longer then some casinos offer you the facility to self-exclude for up to a few months to even a few years.
Important Note: please ensure you protect under age children from gambling content as generally online casinos slot games and designs are very appealing to the young as they tend to offer colour displays and flashing content.
In addition you should certainly avoid installing mobile casino apps on your phone especially if children might have access to your phone or tablet computer.
If you think you might have a problem or you’re struggling with a gambling addiction, we recommend you seek help and support from the following organisations:
Problem Gambling Helplines in Canada
Confidential lines are open 24 hours a day.
Alberta Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission Helpline
British Columbia Problem Gambling Information and Referral Service
Manitoba Gambling Helpline
New Brunswick Problem Gamblers Hotline
Newfoundland and Labrador Helpline
Nova Scotia Toll-Free Gambling Helpline
Nunavut Kamatsiaqtut Helpline
Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline
Prince Edward Island Gambling Addiction Treatment Program
Québec – Gambling Help and Referral
(514) 527-0140 Montreal and surrounding area
1-800-461-0140 and 1-866-767-5389 throughout province
Saskatchewan Problem Gambling Helpline
Helpline information source: Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse
Responsible Gambling Council
E-mail: Complete the online form
Address: 411 Richmond Street East, Suite 205
Toronto, Ontario M5A 3S5
There are also organisations that help you with other gambling related issues, such as debt: